Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Another example of "the truth will set you free"

Damian Carabello, who regularly posts as dc93 on the blogs written by the nefarious character, John Morgan, as well as the Reading Eagle blog, once again does not have all his facts straight. It seems that they again decided to write blog entries before they know the truth.

In yesterday's PA House Judiciary Committee meeting, Chairman Tom Caltagirone took a courageous stand for his constituents. Knowing that he would take a hit from the NRA, Tom Caltagirone had the intestinal fortitude to vote in support of two house bills that the NRA had launched a full-force blitz against in the days prior to the meeting. Another bill was tabled to protect it from defeat so that amendments could be brought forward to possibly garner the necessary votes from Western PA Democrats and Eastern PA Republicans in the future.

See, that is called compromise and leadership, something that Damian and John do not understand. While I personally do not agree with Mr. Caltagirone on these bills, he once again earned my respect. Leadership can be a lonely business, but Mr. Caltagirone showed once again why he will lead in any situation when necessary.

To Mr. Caltagirone's critics, such as Damian and John, your attacks are undignified and irresponsible. Matter of fact, your recent attacks should warrant a lawsuit from Mr. Caltagirone. I also believe it is necessary to include Kirk Wentzel, who I understand works for a local major realty company and routinely posts on John's blog with less than diginified posts. See, these gentlemen want to attack others for what they (John, Damian and Kirk) think people are doing wrong but yet they are above approach for their childish attacks. They call people names, they put out erroneous facts, or they take cheap shots, but yet they want to cry when they are put to the coals by people who are outraged by their behavior.

The latest attack was a disgusting post full of inaccuracies. It was a complete show of disrespect to a woman killed by her husband in an act of rage. Most politically astute people knew Sonia Medina, and the characterization of her relationship with Mr. Caltagirone was maligned by John in his blog.

Mrs. Medina and Mr. Caltagirone were close friends, with Mr. Caltagirone being the Godfather to her children and Best Man at their wedding. Now, does that sound like a relationship based on fear, or a relationship based on respect? Please get your facts straight before you decide you want to make such a false and libelous statement.

Respectable people do not enjoin debate by using personal attacks, they discuss issues with respect and civility towards their opponent. To those that want to discuss issues, and debate those issues, with Mr. Caltagirone and people such as myself; your intelligent debate is welcomed and respected.

Respectfully, I am...
S. Dogood

4 comments:

We Can All Sparkle said...

I too, have seen the constant disrespect and personal attacks on those Reading Eagle blogs. I can't tell you how many times I have posted an opinion and became the target of an angry person's name calling and attacks based on unfounded assumptions as to how I live my life. I'm not even a politican, just a city resident with an opinion on certain issues.

I can't believe that a person has to sign their real name to a Letter to the Editor yet all the crazy "anons" can come out and reply to that letter in any manner they choose. With the anonymous signature feature nobody is held responsible for their words. They use the "anon" excuse as a defense for not wanting to be tracked down by the "crazies", which given their behavior is quite ironic.

Kudos to you and your blog! I enjoy reading it.

Lori Martin

Anonymous said...

John P. Morgan is the alleged Ruscombmanor 1 committeeman (small c) who posts on a blog. John C. Morgan is a different man, who I think is or was a minister who posts for the Reading Eagle blog. I would not want the two to be confused. John C. Morgan is a man of character and integrity while the other doesn't know the meaning of those words.

Anonymous said...

Aha!

How nice, I get blog coverage.

Thanks to a good friend, who regularly surfs the net and is on the lookout for stuff like this, I am aware of the apparent chop-job and behind the scenes efforts here to just slam me around like some sack of potatoes.

Yeah, just as I thought, you've got the nuts to post other peoples' names and such but you don't have the stones to post your own.

Wow, good going Captain hypocrite!
Yeah, you sure are a champion of being the self-appointed leveler of the playing field.

Tata,
DC93 (aka D. Carabello)
You want to worship at Caltigirone's feet, go ahead, but don't try to scare me with innuendo of your own about lawsuits that others should file against me for confronting their behaviors as public officials.

I suppose, you, oh S. DoGood are above all reproach too. What is more, I'm curious as to how you came to know who I was, in real life. I mean sure my screen name ws a bit of a giveaway, or is this more of the kinds of ratting out by others I can expect since I turned on the Democratic Party Committee and its political machinery.

If so, wonderful.

I actually agree with Ms. Martin's comment, but that is what the Reading Eagle allows for and well, I'm not the only one who has used less than their actual full name to sign my comments at the Reading Letters to the Editor blog.

Yes, anonymous commenter, here on the Silence DoGood blog, John C. Morgan is a different person, who I happen to know of and met on a few occasions. He's definitely not the other John Morgan and vice versa.

Of course, since comment moderation has been enabled, I wonder if any of this comment will make it to the actual posting screen and how much of it will be either edited or entirely deleted. To be sure, I will copy all of what I've put here and keep it to make sure that what is reported is accurate or if it is withheld, then I build my file on the shenanigans of this blog.

You want to talk about lawsuits, I'll be watching this blog like a hawk. I've got a great idea, S. Dogood, why don't you publish your name too, since you have no problem outtting others' identities, or don't you have the stone to do that, but expect non-anonymity from others?

Silence Dogood said...

Damian,

As has been said over and over again by many throughout history, "I think I have touched a nerve!" Damian, since you yourself are taking money from the public trough (yes RACC is financed by public dollars), I was only commenting on your lack of decorum, civility, or even understanding of the word compromise.I have posted your comments in their entirety, unlike your good friend, the nefarious blogger, John Morgan.

While I shudder to see you even mention the Reverend Morgan, considering that gentleman has more class and charisma in his pinky finger than you have in your whole body. He is a man of God and Christianity: you, well, let the blog readers determine what exactly you are, but your diatribe is more than enough to show them exactly what you are...

As far as my identity, Damian, you and your allies have decided that your way of life and thought process must be accepted by all of us or we become targets for your vitriol. Damian, please get a grant and study human nature and maybe you will learn something about yourself. It is really simple Damian: if I have to live in a country that is full of your rantings/ravings and hatred, then I I'd rather fight back with the weapons you have chosen to use. Yes, Damian, I believe we need to hold our Leaders accountable, but by whose standards? Yours? I'd rather hang by my neck with my moderate and conservative Democratic allies.

Damian, answer this question. Where is your outrage and your bitterness towards the Harrisburg leadership that is under investigation, exactly as Mr. Caltagirone had explained at his appearance at the Democratic Party meeting in February? DeWeese is in trouble and when he is indicted, will you write on the blogs and admit that Mr. Caltagirone was correct? No, you won't because that does not fit your plans, Damian!

My identity, it is quite humorous really, for I am not hiding behind anonymity because of people like you, but more to protect those who give me the information so I can offset the hatred you and John and Morrill spew across the internet.

Please do not threaten me with a lawsuit. I have not spoken anything out of school. I have kept copies of your multitudes of postings across the internet and can stand behind what I say with your own words. Damian, what is scary is that your warped and peculiar position is part of the educational staff at RACC, where young men and women are being trained for a better future. For the record, I hope for a better future for all the students at RACC. Just as long as it is not by your design...

Respectfully, I am...
S.Dogood